The new 2017 Honda CB1100 RS incorporates a sharper chassis geometry which goes on par with a hand-crafted style. This model is already a bestseller in the Japanese market, and the newest model is a must-have piece of engineering craftsmanship.
The 2017 CB1100 RS along with CB1100 EX combine a retro styling and most benefits of performance upgrades. Both of these variants will roll out from Honda’s Kumamoto factory.
2017 Honda CB1100 RS – Overview
The 2017 CB1100 RS wears a classic look of a 1970s race bike with a hint of the café racer. Up front, the twin instrument dial and a single round headlight outline a timeless silhouette. For improving traction and ensuring a low center of gravity, the automakers have presented a perfect riding position by focusing the rider’s weight forwards.
Extensive chrome embellishments complement the exclusive design of this 2017 Honda CB1100 RS. This model draws inspiration from CB750 but doesn’t go too much overboard either. The Honda has used cast aluminum 17-inch wheels which house a radial mount four piston brakes.
The 2017 Honda CB1100 RS also displays a distinct color contrast as the blackened chassis highlights gold-colored suspensions (both front and rear). The dual exhausts are split internally into two expansion chambers which further add a striking appeal.
2017 Honda CB1100 RS – Engine Specs
The heart of 2017 CB1100 RS is a DOHC engine which is modified for a linear and quick access drive. This engine has a full black aluminum cover and integrates a 335 mm 9-tier front oil cooler and 2 mm air fins. Specs wise, the engine details go as:
- Engine Displacement (cm3) – 1140
- Max power output – 89 HP at 7,500 RPM
- Max torque – 67 lb-ft at 5,500 RPM
- Carburation – PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Starter – Electric
- Fuel Consumption – 42 mpg (expected)
- ACG (Alternating Current Generator) output – 12V 21.7A/5000 RPM 0.336 kW
- Battery Capacity – 12 V, 11.2Ah
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 16.8 liters
- Compression Ratio – 9.5:1
- Bore × Stroke – 73.5 mm ×2 mm
- Transmission – 6 speed
- Clutch Type – Wet, multiple clutch
- Final Drive – Chain
The 2017 Honda CB1100 RS is built with a classic tubular double cradle steel frame which has two rubber and four rigid mounts.
- Length – 2,180 mm
- Height – 1,100 mm
- Width – 800 mm
- Wheelbase – 1,485 mm
- Ground Clearance – 130 mm
- Seat Height – 795 mm
- Turning Radius – 2.7 m
- Curb Weight – 252 kg (555 lbs)
Suspension and Tires
- Rear Suspension – Twin shocks with adjustable spring preload
- Front Suspension – 43 mm conventional fork (SDBV) with adjustable spring preload
- Rear wheel & tire – 10 spoke die-cast aluminum, 180/55 R17
- Front wheel & tire – 10 spoke die-cast aluminum, 120/70 R17
Competitors and Price
The 2017 Honda CB1100 RS is set to compete against the likes of Triumph Thruxton. Although not confirmed, expect Honda to bring its new bike out at a price range of around $6,500 to $7,000.